Saturday, May 8, 2010

2008 Kenwood Savignon Blanc

I worked all day today and it's Saturday. I do have the luxury of working from home but still, I worked 44 minutes past wine time!

I am now sitting at the island in the kitchen, a nice breeze coming through our new french doors, and listening to the ice cream truck repeat the songs of "London Bridge", and "Deck the Halls" (yes, it is far from Christmas time...don't ask me why it's playing that one). Of course, it is kind of cool that we still have an ice cream truck that comes through our neighborhood. Trying to catch him, however, is a different story all together.

But back to the wine and the reason we're here.

I am enjoying my first glass of Sauvignon Blanc. It was many years ago when I visited Kenwood vineyards in Sonoma Valley but I remember it fondly. Of course there aren't many vineyards I didn't like on that first trip.

This wine has a good color and a lightly "peared" aroma. I taste fresh berries with a slight tang. It is somewhere between a light and medium bodied wine. It has a refreshing, smooth taste with a good finish. It does not dwell on my taste buds for long which I really like. In fact, I must give this wine a definite ...mmmm....good!

A 3 for color, 4 for nose, 4 for taste, and 5 for finish. That makes this wine, with a whopping "16", a new favorite of mine. This wine cost me $9.99 at Harris Teeter. I would definitely recommend!

Until next bottle, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment