Friday, May 14, 2010

2008 Le Bonheur Savignon Blanc

Happy Friday!

Maybe this blog should be about Savignon Blanc since it seems I mostly stick to this variety. Of course, I guess that would be ok since there are so many to choose from. However, I will try to add more variety to my collection.

I am drinking a bottle of Le Bonheur, opened and the 131 Main Restaraunt and, for once, not finished there. They have taken this off of the wine menu and now have a entirely new menu that I really don't like. But my favorite bartender hooks me up anyway.

With traces of tropical fruit, fig leaf and asparagus this is a nice delicate wine. It is unwooded with a very smooth finish. I am not sure how much you might pay for this. It is 24 dollars a bottle at the restaraunt so maybe it's 12 dollars in stores? I do not know. But, even at 24 dollars a bottle it would be worth it to me.

color 5, nose 5, taste 5, finish 4 (it's hard to give a perfect score. I doubt I will ever do it.) Total score 19!!! This one will be hard to beat.

This wine is so good that it is almost tragic.

Until next bottle, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment