Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2008 Cannery Row Cellars Chardonnay

What a weekend! It was 200 degrees here in the South. My parents came to visit to help finalize the deck plans. Like crazy fools we worked in the yard staking out the deck and spa, pruning trees, pulling up decking, installing a new back door and fixing the french doors. I actually worked with my Dad installing the door. I pulled out framing scraped, nailed and installed locks. I impressed myself.

Again, we never did make it on the boat.

We tried a few new wines over the weekend but I don't remember what they were.

Today I received a new shipment, which was a surprise from my husband. Usually the UPS guy delivers the wine right at 5 but today he was early so it had some time to chill before "Happy Hour". Strangely enough the package included Chardonnay (found out later it was part of the special deal). I will either like it or use it for cooking.

The wine is from Cannery Row Cellars in Morgan Hill California. I looked it up and Morgan Hills is East of Santa Cruz.

But, let's start the sampling. It has a pale color and a light fruity smell. I can smell the oak barrel and it reminds me of the many wine tours I have been on. I always loved that smell. But here comes the real test, the taste. Hmmm….a toasty oak flavor with a touch of vanilla and plum. Not too bad. Could I actually have found a Chardonnay that I like?

I have to give this wine a 4 for color, a nose of 5, a 3 for taste and a 3 for finish. All together, this wine rates a 15. Not bad for a chard. Try it.

Until next bottle, cheers!

2 comments:

  1. So maybe you just overdosed on Chards before? You know, too much of anything is not necessarily a good thing.

    Variety is the spice of life, so maybe we need a deeper, wider cellar from which to choose? We could get an excavator and dig one before we install the new deck & spa....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should definately add wine cellar dig to our ever growing list of renovations!

    ReplyDelete