Friday, April 9, 2010

2007 Fog Alley Unoaked Chardonnay

I ordered this one from Wine Insiders (a place my Mom and Dad recommended to us), actually my husband picked it out. He ordered six bottles so I sure was hoping it is was good. I figured I could always save it for drinking after I've had enough that it just didn't matter any more. And you always need some wine around for cooking since everything tastes better cooked in wine.

This wine is from California's Central Coast. It has a good color. A bit on the lighter yellow side (as I like), a very bold earthy aroma and a crisp 'fruity-but -not-too-fruity' flavor. It has a very refreshing and smooth finish. The finish is something that I find to be really important. I don't like something that lingers too long on my taste buds.

This is a wine that could be a definite favorite for me. I give it a 4 in color , a nose of 4, a 4 in taste and a whopping 5 for the finish. Total score - 17. I would recommend this wine to anyone who doesn't like the oakiness in Chardonnay.

Until next bottle, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, that hubby of yours seems like a nice fellow...at times! ;-)

    ReplyDelete