Friday, July 16, 2010

2009 Brancott Sauvignon Blanc

Friday evening and just sitting down at the "Fabulous Red Ball Bar" (our garage bar) for my first sip of wine. The garage door is up and a nice warm breeze is blowing in, thunder is off in the distance and the air is still fresh with the smell of rain. Thank goodness the rain has brought relief from the heat.

Hubby bought this wine specifically so I could blog about it so I am. It was also recommended by a family member.

I taste oranges and tropical fruit. It's crisp, citrusy and light. It has a nice clean nose with a zesty finish.

It definitely isn't a heavy wine but it is citrusy. For those of you that don't like that taste you might find it too tangy. I, however, like it and will rate this wine pretty high.

I give it a 5 for color, a nose of 4, 4 for taste and 3 for finish. Total score = 16. For $9.99 though I'm sure you can find a comparable wine to this $16.00 dollar bottle.

Until next bottle, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment