Friday, July 23, 2010

2008 White Haven Sauvignon Blanc

Another wine from Marlborough County and another "recommended wine" (and more costly from what I am told.) I do not know why my husband insists on going beyond the 9.99 point when I have repeatedly told him that it is never necessary.

It is very hot today and the weekend is supposed to reach the 100's. I am not looking forward to it. I miss spring.

Well, back to this bottle of wine. I think the color looks to be a little dark. Oh wait, maybe I should turn on the light. OK, a bit lighter now. The aroma is of dark berries and peach with a hint of lemon. It has a strong smell to it but not unpleasant at all. The taste is quite unusual. I'm not sure what it is I taste. Definitely citrus and um...what is that other taste...cherries, I think. It's strong. ("Like things that make you go hmmmm") The finish is pretty crisp and tangy. This might be one that I will have to come back to. So far, I can't decide if I like it or love it. Give me some time to get a few under my belt. I will post the results in the next blog so tune in.

Until next bottle, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment